Pacific Western Toronto’s response to COVID-19
Please see below for an important message from our Vice President and Director of Safety, Motorcoach on what Pacific Western Toronto is doing to ensure our staff and passengers continue to get Safely Home.
Dear Valued Customer:
At Pacific Western Transportation, as with any Health & Safety concern, we are taking active measures to reduce the risk of 2019 novel coronavirus exposure.
Since the recognition of the health threat by the World Health Organization, our Director of Safety has actively monitored multiple official information sources. In collaboration, our executive and management teams are proactively engaged to ensure we are predictively and expeditiously mitigating. For example:
- introduced additional disinfecting cleaning to our regular, daily cleaning program of facilities and motorcoaches;
- introducing commercial-grade, sterilization foggers to the overnight cleaning process of the motorcoaches;
- provisioning motorcoach operators and ticket office staff with gloves, disinfectant spray, and disposable towels for cleaning of touchpoint surfaces;
- directing motorcoach operators to maximize fresh air to passenger cabin (recirculation function not to be selected);
- companywide awareness program of evergreen communiqués & posters.
Throughout this event, we will continue to exercise our 10 Core Values of Safety, Customer Service, Resourcefulness, Integrity, Positive Attitude, Team Work, Loyalty, Accountability, Respect, and Dedication. As stated by the World Health Organization (WHO), “Every person has the capacity to contribute, to protect themselves, to protect others, whether in the home, the community, the healthcare system, the workplace or the transport system.” Therefore, if you are exhibiting symptoms as published by the Government of Canada Public Health Services, please do not travel with us. In such a circumstance, you will receive a travel credit for future use. You may also exercise our regular cancellation policy. Additionally, we recommend you call your local health authority.
Thank you for joining us in these efforts, and we look forward to continuing to get you and your loved ones Safely Home.