Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Mechanic will be responsible to maintain vehicles owned, leased or rented by Pacific Western Transportation. The Mechanic will ensure that all work performed is consistent with that of a world class operation and will constantly seek to improve the value offering through increased quality service while constantly seeking uncompromised ways of obtaining efficiencies.
Daily activities entail:
- All required repairs which are to be carried out in an efficient, timely and uncompromised safe manner
- Observe all safety regulations, rules and regulations, safety and security directives issued by Governmental Agencies and Pacific Western
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, maintenance personnel, dispatchers and drivers ensuring all repairs are carried out properly and safely
- Assist in the handling of road side breakdowns for both Pacific Western and those outside carriers deemed acceptable by Pacific Western
- Perform and assist in the completion of all types of vehicle inspections
- Assist in the upkeep and in helping to keep the facility clean and presentable
- Some technicians will be considered a lead hand, and be responsible to oversee maintenance and cleaning staff
- Required, from time to time, to receive training related to vehicles, facility, and any other requirements that may be set out by Pacific Western
- Assist the Parts Coordinator in the recording of parts used, and completing applicable paperwork
- Any other duties that may be required
To be a candidate, you must be 18 years of age or older, with no criminal record and hold a valid 310T Mechanics license.
To apply, please complete the following: